Join Jason Matthews for an in-depth discussion in this video Amazon Author Central, part of Learning Ebook Publishing.
- There's something called Amazon Author Central…that not all authors fill out.…It's basically your social media page at Amazon.…I highly recommend every author to do this,…because Amazon wants you to sell as many books as possible,…and so do you,…and this is gonna help you do it…because it's going to give the reader…so much more information about you.…Ways to connect with you,…your blog, your Twitter, everything including your books.…
Here we are at Amazon Author Central.…And you just wanna log in.…And one of the first things you're gonna wanna do…is to list all of your books.…Now Amazon won't do this automatically.…You basically need to click the "Add more books",…and then you can either type in the title of the book,…your author name, or the ISBN…and search for them,…and add them one at a time.…Once your books have all been added,…that's gonna be great.…
They're all gonna be linked to each other…on your Amazon page.…Another thing you can do,…is you can create your Author Page,…which is going to be like your social media.…
Jason also reviews crucial details such as table of contents formatting and cover design, and he shows how to upload the complete ebook package to all the major retailers: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, and others. The final chapter of the course explains how to market your ebook, including setting up a website, finding fans on social media, and engaging with reviewers and bloggers.
- Understanding ebook retail and distribution
- Formatting ebooks for Amazon
- Formatting ebooks for other retailers
- Designing a table of contents
- Adding chapter text and images
- Designing a cover for an ebook
- Uploading ebooks to retailers
- Marketing your ebook
Skill Level Beginner
Ebook Retailer Overview
Formatting Interior Documents: Amazon
Formatting Interior Documents: Other Retailers
Cover Design Creation
Introductory thoughts4m 9s
Uploading to Retailers
Marketing and Author Platform
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.