In this video, Keith Casey discusses how to help your API development skills grow further by sharing some suggested next steps.
- [Narrator] If you've followed along with every step…of every lab, you've done a lot of coding so far.…There's good news and bad new with that.…The good news is, that we've covered the core principles…that will help you build clear, powerful APIs.…The bad news is, many people aren't…familiar with those core principles.…So there's still way too many bad APIs out there.…But have hope, there are lots of people…out there working to change that.…Here are a few of them.…If you hope to learn more,…online we have a number of options.…
Ranging from my course here,…called Effective Design of RESTful APIs,…which will get you up to speed on API design.…Or maybe you want to learn some of the nuts and bolts…on how and why things work the way they do.…You'll wanna check out the API Craft mailing list…and the API Evangelist site.…If you want a higher level, state of the industry look,…both the API Developer Weekly newsletter…and ProgrammableWeb are solid choices.…Terms of disclosure, I am one of the curators…for the API Developer Weekly.…
This course begins with a simple application specification and builds it one step at a time. Each chapter includes a key concept, with examples from other public APIs, and then shows how to build it yourself with Silex. Learn about URL routing, validating input, and generating response codes and hypermedia payloads. Like any project, the first implementation may be a little messy, but don't worry. The last chapter covers refactoring and what it takes to scale and support the API going forward.
- Understanding the project goals
- Adding authentication with Silex
- Using cross-framework and authentication middleware
- Creating a read-write API in Silex
- Uploading files via an API
- Adding file security
- Creating payloads and response codes in Silex
- Scaling your API
Skill Level Beginner
PHP Date and Time Essential Trainingwith David Powers4h 31m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Project Explanation and Goals
2. Authentication Options and Tradeoffs
Cross framework middleware1m 32s
3. Create a Read-Write API
4. File Uploads via API
5. Scale Your API
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.