In this video, Keith Casey covers the new middleware PSR from the FIG.
- [Instructor] Normally when people dive into middleware…with their favorite framework,…whether it's Slim, or Silex,…or Laravel, or whatever,…they find a great middleware component in another framework…that they just have to use.…Of course their hopes are crushed…as they learn that it's not supported…in their framework of choice.…Well at least that's how it used to work.…Luckily in mid 2016 the PHP FIG,…or the Framework Interoperability Group,…published their recommendations on the design…and implementation of middleware interfaces.…
In short their whole goal is to make it so that middleware…developed for any particular framework…works with all the others.…The middleware interface is the overall definition…of how all middleware should be defined.…The client middleware interface defines…the middleware used exclusively for client applications.…The server middleware interface…defines the structure of middleware…used in server to server operations.…Finally the frame and stack interfaces…are most useful when you have a more complex workflow…
This course begins with a simple application specification and builds it one step at a time. Each chapter includes a key concept, with examples from other public APIs, and then shows how to build it yourself with Silex. Learn about URL routing, validating input, and generating response codes and hypermedia payloads. Like any project, the first implementation may be a little messy, but don't worry. The last chapter covers refactoring and what it takes to scale and support the API going forward.
- Understanding the project goals
- Adding authentication with Silex
- Using cross-framework and authentication middleware
- Creating a read-write API in Silex
- Uploading files via an API
- Adding file security
- Creating payloads and response codes in Silex
- Scaling your API
Skill Level Beginner
PHP Date and Time Essential Trainingwith David Powers4h 31m Intermediate
Managing PHP Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Project Explanation and Goals
2. Authentication Options and Tradeoffs
Cross framework middleware1m 32s
3. Create a Read-Write API
4. File Uploads via API
5. Scale Your API
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.