In this video, Keith Casey wires up the middleware that will create the appropriate payloads and response codes for file uploading.
- [Instuctor] Now it's been a long time…since we stopped to think about the data…we're actually getting back from our API.…Since the last time we've done this,…we've added a ton of functionality with regard to…creating and deleting messages, and even uploading files.…So let's tackle this in two pieces.…First, let's improve creating a message.…Originally, when we started creating messages,…we only had a message ID.…So in the payload itself, you've passed back…message ID and a message URI.…
Well now we can get a little bit more advanced,…because, if nothing else, we have more data.…So, let's go ahead and add our new data.…In this case, we have an image URL,…and the image URL is just simply…the URL of the image that we just loaded.…So we can say message, image, URL.…So now, when somebody creates a new message for us,…the payload itself that comes back…after successfully creating that message includes…the message ID, in case they need to interact with it;…the message URI, in case they need to look at it,…see what's there;…
This course begins with a simple application specification and builds it one step at a time. Each chapter includes a key concept, with examples from other public APIs, and then shows how to build it yourself with Silex. Learn about URL routing, validating input, and generating response codes and hypermedia payloads. Like any project, the first implementation may be a little messy, but don't worry. The last chapter covers refactoring and what it takes to scale and support the API going forward.
- Understanding the project goals
- Adding authentication with Silex
- Using cross-framework and authentication middleware
- Creating a read-write API in Silex
- Uploading files via an API
- Adding file security
- Creating payloads and response codes in Silex
- Scaling your API
Skill Level Beginner
PHP Date and Time Essential Trainingwith David Powers4h 31m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Project Explanation and Goals
2. Authentication Options and Tradeoffs
Cross framework middleware1m 32s
3. Create a Read-Write API
4. File Uploads via API
5. Scale Your API
Next steps1m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.