Learn how to collaborate seamlessly using Slack, the popular team messaging tool.
- [Instructor] Welcome to Slack. I'm Gini von Courter. Slack is software for teams. When your team uses Slack, all of your important conversations are in one place. And you can access those conversations with a browser, on a PC or Mac, or using a mobile app. And you conversations are synchronized across all those devices. Slack puts your team's communications at your fingertips. But Slack is so much more than messaging. Upload files to Slack to securely share them with a colleague or a group.
Search Slack to sift through messages and files, and quickly locate important content. Use Slack call to have a more direct communication with a colleague. And Slack supports integration with more than 1,500 apps, so you can use your company's tools and systems directly from Slack. Slack is a team communication and collaboration tool that's not just powerful and easy to use, but it's actually fun, which explains its popularity in organizations large and small.
Please join me for this dive into Slack.
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.