Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Vote with emojis, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] Another cool way I can use emojis is for voting. I can set up a series of choices that people can use. I'm going to ask a question and provide some emoji answers. The question is, where would you prefer to hold the 2021 all staff retreat? And our choices are Mexico, Canada, and how 'bout Jamaica? That will work. So, for Mexico, let's go get an emoji. Now I can click the Emoji button, or I can type a colon and say I'm looking for a flag for Mexico, MX, you need to know that Mexico is MX, that helps.
If not, then we can go search for it. I'm not sure what the abbreviation is for Canada so let me just go get Canada. Let me see if I can find the one that I think is Canada, it should have a maple leaf on it, right there. CA, there's Canada, and now let's go get Jamaica, similar method. And let's go to the flags, and they are roughly in alphabetical order, so I'm up in the Cs now, MX, MD, Italy, J, K, L.
So Jamaica, JM. See, even if you don't know what the flags are for the countries you could still find them, as long as you sort of know how they're alphabetized. And when I'm all done here, I can simply press Enter. So when someone wants to reply to this, they can simply choose to reply via emoji, and the emojis get added up at the bottom of my message. So rather than having a lot of replies that say, Mexico, Mexico, Jamaica, Jamaica, Canada, Canada, I can look at the bottom of my message and count the number of each emoji that was used.
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.