Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Use shortcuts, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] We've already use some shortcuts.…The Quick Switcher, ctrl + k,…fires up the jump-to box so that I can go directly…to a channel and a few other shortcuts…I've shown you already.…The list of all shortcuts is on a Windows machine: ctrl + /…or on a Mac: cmd + /…and this gives us the panel for all keyboard shortcuts…or all the keyboard shortcuts…for however you're working with Slack.…For example, Quick Switcher Ctrl + K,…that's true for Slack in a browser.…
If you were using Slack in the Desktop app…on a Windows machine, it would be Ctrl + T.…So ctrl + / is gonna open up…the appropriate keyboard shortcut panel…for the Slack that you're using.…So here's our Quick Switcher.…I can browse direct messages.…The fact that this has a hyperlink means…that there's more help information available about it.…Use escape to dismiss dialogues.…If you're navigating,…to move focus to the next element, you can hit tab.…
So if I'm looking at a particular message and I hit tab,…it will take me to the next element on my screen.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.