Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Upgrade your Slack workspace, part of Learning Slack.
- [Gini] My Go Green Energy team, or KinetEco,…can use the free Slack plan…for as long as it meets their needs.…It's possible that that's all…that Go Green Energy will ever need,…but my guess is KinetEco will need more.…For example, we need more storage.…We're currently sharing five Gigabytes,…that's not enough.…By moving to event lowest level paid plan,…all of our folks are going to get 10 Gigabytes a piece,…which is a lot more storage because there are a dozen of us.…
I'd also like to be able to create user groups,…that's not here.…And, I can only search my most recent messages,…if I wanna search all of our time in Slack,…then I'm going to need to move to a paid plan.…To do that, do that from within your workspace…that you want to upgrade.…Click the workspace name,…and go to 'See paid plans',…and notice that I'm still in kineteco.slack.com,…but I'm looking at pricing for my particular workspace.…
You can scroll down to the bottom to see information,…frequently asked questions,…can I upgrade Slack just for myself,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.