Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Understand roles and permissions, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] In a workspace,…every single person has a role,…and each role has permissions.…The types of roles that we have in Slack…include workspace owners.…Workspace owners have the highest level of security.…One of those workspace owners is called the primary owner.…It's usually the person who created the workspace,…so I'm the primary owner of Kinetico.…And only that owner has the right…to get rid of the workspace, to delete it.…But other than deleting the workspace,…all of the workspace owners have…the ability to control security.…
But a workspace can get to be very large,…so we also have workspace admins who can manage members.…They can do basic maintenance tasks…and they can manage public channels.…So one way to divvy up the work of managing Slack is…for the primary owner…to make a couple of other people workspace owners.…We talk about this later in the course.…It's a really good idea to do that…because, that way, the primary owner…gets to go on vacation, for example.…But you don't have to have the ability to change everything…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.