Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set your status, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] Slack has two primary statuses.…Active and Not Active.…If you're active then you have a green circle…in front of your name.…If your away or not active then it's just…this gray empty circle.…But you have the ability to say more…about your status.…For example, Ray is working remotely.…Zia is in a meeting.…So how do I set my status to provide more…information for people than active or away?…Simply click your name,…choose Set a Status, and there are some built in.…
Now this is the list that comes from Slack,…but your admin can edit this list.…I'm an admin so I'm allowed to do that here,…and you can enter something that is not here.…If want to note that I'm working remotely,…I can simply choose Working Remotely.…Give it a second, the little house comes…up here and there.…But that's, I actually wanna provide a little…more information than that for my team…because they know I have multiple places…I work remotely.…I'm on the farm today.…So I'm going to go to Farm,…there's a little picture of a tractor, very cute,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.