Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set team roles, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] When we were setting permissions,…we gave lots of permissions to workspace owners and admins.…Unfortunately, when we count those up,…there's just me right now,…just the primary owner of the workspace.…So we're going to manage members and roles.…We're going to divide up the task of managing our workspace.…Griffin is a member, and I need Griffin to be an owner.…Remember that owners have the same permissions I have,…except they do not have the ability to delete the workspace.…Only the primary owner, that is me, can do that.…
I will make Griffin an owner.…I could also make Griffin an admin,…and you'll find lots of help in Slack for the distinction…between these two roles.…But admins have a lower level…of responsibility and permission.…Workspace owners have the ability…to control high level administrative and security settings.…Admins manage members, public channels,…and maintenance tasks.…I need someone else to have the same type…of authority and permission that I do.…
I will make Griffin an owner.…At another time, I could change Griffin to an admin,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.