Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set permissions, part of Learning Slack.
We're adjusting the workspace settings and preferences…for our Go Green Energy workspace.…We already changed who has the ability…to edit Slackbot responses…but there are some other permissions…that we should examine first.…Who can make announcements?…Who can send something to everyone?…So people who can use, in this channel,…at channel and at here,…let's let everyone do that for now.…We can limit it later if we need to.…
Show a warning when someone uses that always.…People who can post to announcements;…Workspace owners and admins only.…People who get to use at everyone,…Workspace owners and admins only, let's save that.…Do we allow non-admins to invite new people to Green Energy?…We have a choice.…Remember now that we only have folks from Kinetico.…And we should probably allow all of them.…Now who would a guest be?…A guest is someone who is not a member of the Workspace…but is a member of one or multiple channels.…
We haven't used guests because guests…are largely available in paid plans…but if we had guests, the default is not to allow them…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.