Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set notification preferences, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] One of the things I love about Slack…are these tips I get every time I load Slack.…So every morning I can start by learning…a little something more about Slack.…Some of the tips are things that are hidden…that would be difficult for me to find on my own,…so I appreciate that as a user.…We've been working with Slack…and using the built-in preferences…but we're going to modify the preferences now.…These preferences are specific to me…and specific to this Slack workspace.…If I'm a member of more than one workspace,…then I can set different preferences…in the different workspaces, and might want to do that…for reasons that we'll look at later.…
I'm going to choose Preferences,…there are preferences for Notifications,…Language & Region, Messages & Media, Sidebar,…Search, which we've tweaked already,…Mark as Read, Accessibility, and Advanced.…We're not going to look at all of these…but we're going to spend some time…with Notifications, Message & Media, the Sidebar.…Notice that desktop notifications…are currently disabled in my browser.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.