Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Set message and sidebar preferences, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] My Messages & Media settings…determine how messages will be displayed,…let me choose emoji, show inline media and links,…so let's start at the very top.…First, if I'd like to have lots of space in my messages,…I can keep it Clean or if I choose Compact,…then notice that I lose the icon…and that I have a scrunchier display.…I'm going to simply choose that,…and go back and see how that will look.…
This is how it will look.…Less white space.…I don't have people's profile image but I do have emojis.…Let's go back into Preferences.…Choose Messages & Media.…I prefer Clean but again, this is a personal choice.…Do I want to show full names and display names?…I can show display names in a conversation…and full names everywhere else…or always show display names.…Again, your choice.…I have additional options, showing me who's…currently typing a message, setting my clock,…I can choose to display emojis as plain text.…
That's turned off.…I can convert text to emojis.…That's turned on.…Inline Media & Links.…Remember that when I upload a media file,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.