Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Send a direct message, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] I'm responding to some of the new messages…in Slack QA, that's a part of my responsibility…and I have a question from Griffin Snow,…does Slack have the equivalent of a doodle poll…and how about video conferencing?…Though to be clear it's a references…to a conversation with Zia,…so the easiest way for me to have this conversation,…Griffin is active right now,…so I could choose to simply direct message Griffin from here…and I'm working in my browser,…so I'm going to simply click the plus…and open a direct message…and I'm going to start typing Griffin.…
There we go.…Griffin's in this channel.…I can add up to seven more people.…I can have nine people on a group DM…but I simply want to have a private conversation…that would only be searchable by Griffin and I…with Griffin, so I'll click Go.…It says this is the very beginning…of your direct message history with Griffin Snow.…I'm gonna say Griffin, I saw your question…regarding video chat.…
Do you have a minute now?…Now I know that Griffin is online,…I can see that, so I'll just hang out for a second.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.