Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Search in Slack, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] Slack has really great search capability.…As soon as you've entered a message or uploaded a file,…it's immediately searchable.…So, if I would like to find something,…I'm going to click in the Search box,…and notice that I have a little bit of an assist here.…It says I have recent searches.…Things that I can use, there are some hints.…And I'm looking for something…where someone was asking about Doodle, I think.…
Let me look.…Does Slack have the equivalent of a Doodle poll?…That's what I'm looking for, right here.…Conversation back and forth, Griffin Snow and Zia.…Note that I can copy a link to this if I wish.…This is showing me the most recent.…I could choose most relevant if I had a lot…of search results, two results isn't a problem.…I can filter by people, by whether it's a channel…or direct messages, I can filter by date,…and I can include results from apps and bots…and channels that I'm not a member of.…
Those are on by default.…Of course, we're talking about public channels here.…And in addition to messages, I can look in files.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.