Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Make an announcement, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] There are special commands that you use…if you want to notify everyone in your workspace…or everyone in a channel.…And they look like mentions.…At channel, let everyone in the channel know something…that is important that they know now.…Because at channel is going to trigger an alert…for those channel members,…even if they are not currently active.…So we're going to use at channel to make an announcement…when there's been something that's a last minute change…that's important to that channel.…
So imagine a channel that's a project team,…and we've had a shift in due dates…for some deliverables, for example.…Or you might want to make an announcement…when you have someone new who's joined a team.…So when I use at channel on a channel that has six…or more members,…Slack will ask me to confirm that I want to do this…before I send.…If that's not happening for you,…it's because the owner of your workspace…or an enterprise grid situation,…your org owner has turned that feature off.…
Because normally, six members or more,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.