Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Make a Slack call, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] Now, to make a call,…I wanna call Griffin Snow,…I'm going to click, but I'm going to have a problem.…It says unfortunately, Slack calls aren't available…in this browser, which happens to be Edge.…We recommend downloading the Slack desktop app,…or you can switch to Chrome.…We'll be downloading the Slack desktop app for Windows,…later in this course,…but I have Chrome available.…So I'm simply going to switch over to Chrome.…I'll log in to Slack, to my workspace in Chrome,…and meet you there in a moment.…
I'm in Chrome, I'm in Slack,…I'm gonna click on Griffin Snow,…and I'm going to go to Direct Messages.…There we go, I'm right back where I was,…in Edge a few moments ago.…We'll, wait a second.…Ah, Griffin Snow is typing it says,…below the input box.…I am using Chrome.…Great!…I'll call you!…Now we're going to call at Griffin Snow.…
Notice it opens another window, and it loads.…This takes a little bit of work.…New message from Griffin.…Calling Griffin Snow.…That's me, that's Griffin.…Current call, Griffin Snow joined the call.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.