Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Install a Slack desktop or mobile app, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] If I'd like even more control…over my notifications.…If I'd like better formatting tools for posts.…If I'd like to be able to work when I'm…not sitting in front of a browser…when I'm on a mobile device,…and if I'd like to work in multiple workspaces…on my desktop, I'll want to use one of the Slack apps…that have been developed for tablets…and for computers and for phones.…You can go to slack.com/downloads to see all of these.…
(keyboard clicking)…so it knows I'm on a Windows machine,…says sign in to multiple workspaces,…get desktop notifications.…I can get it from the Windows 10 store,…or I can download right here.…This is what Slack for my desktop is going to look like,…which is going to be amazingly like Slack in a browser,…but better, particularly if I want to work…with multiple workspaces.…Not only do I have Slack available…for the desktop in Windows,…I have Slack for Mac and Slack for Linux, all three.…
Here's my download, I'm going to open this.…Norton tells me it's safe and happy, that's all good.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.