- [Instructor] The one thing that Free Slack…does not give me in abundance is file storage.…And therefore, I'm eager to be able to connect…slack to the cloud based file storage repositories…I'm already using.…We've already connected OneDrive.…I'd also like to connect other cloud based storage,…like Max and Dropbox and Google Drive.…I'm going to scroll down to apps…and click the browse apps button.…It will show me the apps that are already…being used in my work space.…Just the one, Microsoft OneDrive.…
And, this will show me apps that other people are using,…as well as apps that I'm using.…Now, I can click try a new app.…It has a graphic at the top.…Or, I can simply type the name of the app that I want,…in here is Box.…I'm gonna click install.…And, this will be very similar to the process…that we went through after we copied a hyperlink…to a file in OneDrive and pasted it into Slack.…I'm gonna click install.…And, I'll be prompted to provide credentials…for a Box account.…
Says, authenticate your box account.…Note also though that there's a description…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.