Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Exclude a channel from search results, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] By default, all of the channels that…you have open are providing information to Slack for search.…So if I search, I'm searching #general, #random,…#slack_qa, #faq-installs, all of these.…And I'm also searching in direct messaging…and in any private channels I belong to,…like #budget2020 and #budget2021.…If there's a channel that you don't want to have show up…in your search results, you can modify…your preferences to make that happen.…I think the typical candidate is #random,…which is my non-business, non-work-related messaging,…but it might be a different channel.…
Perhaps we don't want to have information…from our #kineteco-tweets channel return in search results.…But let's assume that I don't want #random…in my search results, all I need to do is go back…to my workspace name, choose Preferences,…click Search, and then choose the channel…or channels that I want to exclude.…Simply click, and I don't want to search #random…and perhaps I also don't want to search #kineteco-tweets.…
Having done that, then,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.