Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Edit your profile, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] I did not log out of my KinetEco workspace…but I did close my browser.…I can go directly back to KinetEco though.…I can go to kineteco.slack.com.…I don't need to go to Slack first,…I can go directly to my workspace.…And here I am.…I'm going to edit my profile…and this is something that we do…so that the members of our team can identify us…and can know a little something about us.…I'm going to click my name…and notice where it says Profile and Account,…I'll choose Profile and Account…and that will open over here in the side bar on the right…and I'll click Edit Profile.…
Full name, Gini von Courter.…What do I want as my display name?…Well, some organizations have a policy…what your display name needs to be,…your first name and your last name,…some do first name and last name…and then in parentheses your department or your title.…We're a little flexible about this right now…and I'm the only Gini at KinetEco, so that works.…What I do, let people know what you do.…I'm the chief information officer.…I could add my phone number and my Skype name if I wish…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.