Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Direct message yourself or Slackbot, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] One way that I can keep track…of my tasks and things I wanna remember…in Slack is to direct message myself.…I asked earlier who had the digital camera…wide angle lens, and Joedean has it.…I'll be on campus tomorrow so I could pick it up,…so I wanna remember to do that.…I'm going to go to Direct Messages…and I'm going to direct message myself, just like this.…And the note says this is your space,…draft messages, list your to-dos,…or keep links and files handy.…
You can also talk to yourself here.…But please bear in mind that you have to supply…both sides of the conversation.…So I'm going to use this as my personal notepad,…and note some tasks that I need to do tomorrow.…(clicking)…To do for Monday.…(clicking)…Pick up wide-angle lens from Joedean.…This allows me to keep track of tasks that I want…to work on and anything else I'd like to keep here.…
Now, in addition to talking to myself,…I can also direct message Slackbot.…Slackbot is one of my favorite friends here in Slack.…Slackbot is like having an executive assistant.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.