Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a new Slack workspace, part of Learning Slack.
- [Gini] Up until this point,…our course has been focused on how we would use Slack.…But what if you're the pioneer in your organization…and you need to set up a new Slack workspace?…This is how you do it.…First, we're going to go to slack.com/create.…And we are on Create a Workspace.…You need to enter your email address.…
Remember that if I want to be able to work…in multiple workspaces, then it's helpful…if I'm using the same email address with all of them.…I'm going to click Next.…It says we've sent…a six-digit confirmation code to your email.…It will expire shortly, so enter your code soon.…We're gonna keep this window open…and I'm going to go to my email.…Remember that depending on your email,…it could get file someplace else.…
It's on my Other tab, but my code is 842-091.…It says this is how your teammates in Slack…will see and refer to you.…So it's as if I don't have this other Slack experience…that's happening over here at this Slack workspace.…But this is a brand new workspace,…so I get to enter my full name…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.