Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Create channels, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] Slack is inviting us to create a channel…and this is a great thing to do.…We want to invite the majority of folks…to our site when the site is developed,…not when they're seeing it in it's bare-bones form.…So, I was really comfortable…inviting Josh and inviting Griffin…because we've been talking about creating this together,…but I'm going to wait and create others…after I've set up this infrastructure,…and we're going to start by creating channels.…Most of the conversations that we have in Slack…are here in the channels,…and it's important that we do a great job…naming our channels because that's what makes life…work well here.…
So, if I want to create a new channel,…I can hit the plus and the first thing,…the first topic that we're going to have,…is topic for solar energy.…Who else would like to join this conversation?…No one right now.…And I'm not going to try this now,…we'll just turn off this guide,…let it remind us next time if we wish.…We're gonna set up another channel for wind energy.…These are public channels,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.