Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure workspace settings, part of Learning Slack.
- [Gini] Going to get rid of the banner…to download the Slack app, we've done that already.…I have created channels, Griffin…and Josh will be working to put up a couple or brief…announcements that are welcome announcements.…We'll pin those, to the announcements channel.…We'll create some information on help-gogreenenergy…and some initial information…in both solar-energy and wind-energy.…So we're building a welcoming space for people to join.…The next thing I need to do while they are doing that…is go to the administration and set our workspace settings…for Gogreenenergy Slack.…
First, Workplace Signup Mode, I actually am going to have…two modalities, my first mode is to allow anybody…from KinetEco.info to join.…So as soon as we are up and running.…We are going to tell the folks from our organization…if you'd like to be part of this workspace,…make sure you sign up.…After that, we're going to switch it to invitation only,…because we don't have the domains that all of the other…people would be joining from.…We'd be needing to add you know Gmail.com…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.