Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Add a task management app, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] Earlier I started keeping track…of my tasks that I want to do…creating a to-do list by direct messaging myself…but I'd like to add an app…that will be a little bit harder working on my behalf…and then simply my direct messages to myself.…I'm going to return to Browse Apps…and one of the applications that I use…on my mobile devices that I like a lot…is Wunderlist which allows me…to manage my to-do lists and task management…and I can also do this collaboratively.…
I'm going to click Install.…Here's the page.…This integration will post notifications…when you update and complete tasks…in a selected list.…I can view the tasks in my configured Wunderlist…by entering /wunderlist task in the message box in Slack…and I can create tasks…and add them to my Wunderlist inbox…to see all the commands I can use for Wunderlist,…/Wunderlist help in the message box.…That may or may not do everything I would like it to do.…
Sometimes we have some integrations points…that are designed into an app…and we'd like to have some more.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.