Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Add and share files, part of Learning Slack.
- [Narrator] You don't need to go to a different tool…to collaborate with files in Slack.…You can add a file to a channel,…you can add a file to a direct message…the same way that we were able to…add a code snippet to a direct message.…You can also add a file to a thread,…you might remember that as we reply to threads,…they were added to all threads,…so I have the ability to add information here, as well,…to add a file, but I'd like to add a file to installs.…
If I want to add a file directly from my computer…I can either use drag and drop or I can click the plus…and indicate that I want to add a file from a cloud service…like Box, Dropbox, or Google Drive, or from my computer,…so I'm going to add a file from my computer…and this file is on my desktop in the residential solar…and I want to add this…KinetEco Residential Solar System JPEG.…Add a message.…
And I'm going to share this with the installs channel,…I can also, again, share this with someone specific,…I can share it with myself,…but I'm going to upload this,…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.