Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Add a calendar app, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] If I connect my Google Calendar…or perhaps my team's Google calendar to Slack,…I can generate reminders in Slack…for events that are coming up on those calendars.…We know how to do an integration.…This is just one more.…Let's scroll down and click apps.…And I'm going to look for a calendar.…So I have Google Calendar, CalendarBot,…Eventbot Calendar.…We'll use Google Calendar.…
It says that this app, the integration features…are that it will post reminders before an event starts,…post summaries of the current day's and week's events…and post updates when an event is changed.…So I'm going to Connect a Calendar to Slack.…And I'll need to choose whatever calendar…I'm going to choose.…For example, if my installers have a calendar…it would just be absolutely brilliant for me…to connect that installers calendar…back to the installs channel.…But in this case I'm simply going to enter my information…and I'll show you how I'll set this up…to get my own reminders.…
Click next.…I'm signing into Google.…So it would like me also to enter a password…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.