Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Add the Twitter app, part of Learning Slack.
- [Instructor] If you have Twitter and you have Slack…and you integrate the two,…you have the ability to create a tweet wall…for a particular account inside one of your channels…here in Slack.…This is easy to do, and it's a way to provide information…to your team, either about tweets that have been…made by a username, or tweets that have been…made about a username or about a hashtag.…In this case,…the username that we're going to use is KinetEco.…We have a Twitter account called KinetEco…that's usually posted by someone in our PR department,…and we just want to stream those comments into a channel.…
Let's take a look at how we're going to do this.…We'll go back to apps,…and the app we wanna add is Twitter.…Bring tweets into Slack.…Install.…Stay on top of discussions with this integration,…which allows us to expand shared Twitter URLs,…displaying the full tweet and attached media,…and post tweets to a channel that are sent to or from…a Twitter account of your choice.…It does not support protected Twitter accounts.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Identify how to login to Slack workspaces.
- Distinguish different types of Slack channels.
- Describe methods of setting your status.
- Explain uses of different types of channels and Slack communications.
- Choose the best way to communicate across the company.
- Describe where communications are stored in Slack.
- Explain the relationship between messaging and channels.
- Compare and contrast storage methods in Slack and storage apps.
- Identify workspace creation and configuration tasks.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started with Slack
2. Work with Messages
3. Work with Channels
4. More Communications
5. Add Apps to Slack
6. Search and Set Preferences
7. Create a New Workspace
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.