This video introduces the interface in the Skype for Business application so you can get familiar with the sections, menus, and tools that will be used in this course.
- [Narrator] Let's take an introductory tour…through the Skype for Business interface.…We're not going to look at every detail in this movie,…but I do want to set the stage so that we're ready…to start working with the application.…I'm starting here on Windows, but we'll see the Macintosh…version in the second half of this movie.…So I want to launch Skype for Business.…I'll go into the Start menu,…scroll through my list of all apps,…and if you have Skype for Business…installed it will show up here.…I'll select Skype for Business,…just click on that to launch it.…Then of course I'll need to sign in…with my Office 365 account.…
So I'll type in my email address click sign in,…then it will ask for my password.…I'll type that in, hit sign in again,…and then it will ask me if I want it…to remember my sign in information.…If I say yes then it will automatically sign me…into Skype for Business every time…I launch the application, which is really convenient,…but you might also think about security.…If somebody is able to sit down at your computer…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing the Skype for Business application
- Touring the interface
- Managing contacts
- Sending instant messages
- Switching between call types
- Starting a call from Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Starting a conversation from Outlook on the web
- Scheduling meetings with the Office 365 calendar
- Joining a scheduled meeting
- Sharing extra content during a call
- Recording a call or meeting
- Using Skype for Business via an iOS or Android mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/28/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: coauthoring Office documents.