It's easy to switch between audio and video calls and text-based instant messages. Learn how to start one type of call and switch to a different type of call without disconnecting.
- [Nick] As we've gone through this course so far,…we've seen text conversations, audio calls, and video calls.…But there's one important thing…that I want you to keep in mind,…which I've mentioned a little bit.…These different types of calls…are not necessarily different things.…The fact is, once you initiate one of these connections,…it's seamless to switch between them.…Keep in mind what we're talking about here…will work the same for one-on-one conversations…or group conversations.…I'm going to start with a text conversation,…and I'm using this Stewart account as an example,…but as we saw before, Garrick is going to answer this call.…
And I want to start with a simple text conversation.…So I could point at the icon…and choose the instant message button,…or I could right-click on his name and choose send IM.…So let's do that. I'm just going to send a quick text message.…And in a moment, he'll reply normally here…in this conversation.…Okay, so we're having a text conversation here,…but he suggested that we switch over to video,…
- Installing the Skype for Business application
- Touring the interface
- Managing contacts
- Sending instant messages
- Switching between call types
- Starting a call from Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Starting a conversation from Outlook on the web
- Scheduling meetings with the Office 365 calendar
- Joining a scheduled meeting
- Sharing extra content during a call
- Recording a call or meeting
- Using Skype for Business via an iOS or Android mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/28/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: coauthoring Office documents.