Learn about the options to send and receive instant messages in Skype for Business directly from Outlook on the web. If you are limited at accessing your account information in a web browser, you can use these features to contact Skype for Business users.
- [Instructor] If you use the Office 365 website,…then you can access a web-based version…of Skype for Business.…Since this works on a website,…this is accessible to both Windows and Mac users.…So we need to start on the Office website…which you can get to by going to office.microsoft.com.…I've already signed in with my Office 365 account,…so I'm here on the homepage.…I want to find the button for Mail.…I'll click on that, and that takes me…to Outlook on the web.…If you use your Office 365 email account,…you can send and receive email messages here.…
You can also access your address book and calendar.…There's shortcuts to those down here…near the bottom right, and this is also…where you would go to access…the Skype for Business web tool.…If your account includes the Skype for Business service,…then you will see this button right here…near the top right.…If you click on that, it opens up a small…web-based version of Skype for Business.…Now this does not do everything that…the desktop version does.…In fact, it will only do text-based instant messages,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing the Skype for Business application
- Touring the interface
- Managing contacts
- Sending instant messages
- Switching between call types
- Starting a call from Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Starting a conversation from Outlook on the web
- Scheduling meetings with the Office 365 calendar
- Joining a scheduled meeting
- Sharing extra content during a call
- Recording a call or meeting
- Using Skype for Business via an iOS or Android mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/28/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: coauthoring Office documents.