Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing an application or desktop, part of Up and Running with Skype for Business.
- View Offline
- The meeting presenter tools are available to you whether you're in ad hoc meeting or in a regularly scheduled meeting that you setup using Outlook or using the web scheduler. I can share applications, I can share my desktop, I can upload files to the meeting which we've done in almost every conversation we've had. i can manage the content we're gonna present, I can share presentations, I can manage the participants in my meeting, I can use whiteboard and I can poll participants and you can do all of those things too.
Lets start by seeing how we can share an application or desktop. I have an application here and I'd like the folks to be able to see this because one of the things that we're talking about is how to create some sales tools that are available that will make it easier to be able to reinforce our brand. So sales tools that are on mission. And this is the solar system payback period, this is the first of these tools that we're feeling really good about but we want to have a conversation about how this will be used and how it fits into our current branding efforts.
So what I'm going to do is open this and then go back to my Skype conversation and click the Present button, and what I'd like to do is I can choose to present my desktop or to present programs. Now if I'm going to switch from one thing to another I'm gonna do that on the desktop. But if I'm going to present just this application and I don't want to go anywhere else then I can choose that I want to show this particular program and I'm gonna click Present. It says, people will be able to see all the open windows of the program you chose.
In other words, if I have five Excel windows open they're going to see them all. I'm gonna say Okay and at this point notice we have connecting up here at the top and currently presenting. So whatever I'm doing here, everybody is seeing on their screen. I can't bring my gallery in front of this because this is actually what I'm showing. Everyone is seeing this on their screens as well. I could give control to another user. I could let Drew for example show things in the presentation so as we're talking about well what do you think about this section and he has some ideas and it sounds like he's gonna do some extensive ideas I can simply say, Drew why don't I give you control.
So he can take us on a tour of Excel rather than me doing it. When we're done with the presentation I can simply choose to stop presenting. It says once click presentation over and that's fine. I'm now gonna stop presenting and if I want to see what's going on with everybody else I'm gonna need to switch back to my Skype conversation right here.
- Making and accepting calls
- Using instant messaging
- Adding video to a conversation
- Creating groups of contacts
- Setting privacy relationships
- Scheduling meetings
- Taking meeting notes
- Using the presenter tools
- Using the Lync mobile app for Skype for Business
- Setting content, messaging, and other options