If you need to send files to somebody, you may want to use Skype for Business to send those files. This video shows how to send files and how to download files that have been sent to you.
- [Instructor] In this movie,…I want to talk about sending files to other people…in a call or a meeting in Skype for Business.…This is a Windows only feature.…This option is not available for Mac users.…So what I'll need to do is start in…an Instant Messaging conversation,…sometimes referred to as a text conversation.…This would also work in an audio or a video call…where you open up the Instant Message panel during the call,…but we're going to keep it simple.…We're going to start…with just the normal Instant Message window…and we're only going to do this with one other person,…though it would work with a group conversation just fine.…
So I'm just going to use somebody in my contacts,…we're going to use Stewart,…I'll double click on his name…to go to that Instant Messaging window.…At the bottom of the window is the text field…where I could type in my message,…but let's get straight to those file sharing options.…Here in the text field,…there is a button that looks like a paperclip…so I'm going to click on that button…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing the Skype for Business application
- Touring the interface
- Managing contacts
- Sending instant messages
- Switching between call types
- Starting a call from Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Starting a conversation from Outlook on the web
- Scheduling meetings with the Office 365 calendar
- Joining a scheduled meeting
- Sharing extra content during a call
- Recording a call or meeting
- Using Skype for Business via an iOS or Android mobile app
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/28/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: coauthoring Office documents.