This video shows how Skype for Business works in the mobile apps for iOS and Android devices.
- In this movie we'll see the Skype For Business…mobile app for iOS and Android devices.…This app will let you send and receive calls…and join meetings in Skype For Business…when you're not at your computer.…We'll go through this movie using an iPhone,…but the iOS and Android apps are nearly identical.…So Android users will be able to see…everything they need here as well.…The Skype For Business app is free on the Apple App Store,…as well as the Google Play Store.…I'm just going to jump into the Apple App Store.…You can see I was able to find it here…by searching for Skype For Business,…and it is a good idea to actually search…for Skype For Business because there is…a different app simply called Skype,…which plugs into that other service.…
So I found Skype For Business,…I already installed it,…I have it here on my main screen.…So let's launch it and go through the initial setup.…First it's asking me for permissions…to send me notifications and to access my contacts.…That's all fine, I'm going to allow these.…Then I'm going to hit the next button.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing the Skype for Business application
- Touring the interface
- Managing contacts
- Sending instant messages
- Switching between call types
- Starting a call from Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Starting a conversation from Outlook on the web
- Scheduling meetings with the Office 365 calendar
- Joining a scheduled meeting
- Sharing extra content during a call
- Recording a call or meeting
- Using Skype for Business via an iOS or Android mobile app
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/28/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: coauthoring Office documents.