This video covers the basics of meetings in Skype for Business. It begins with the Meet Now feature, which allows you to start a meeting in the moment, without scheduling it in advance.
- [Nick] In this movie I want to talk about…how meetings work.…The typical workflow involves…scheduling a meeting time in advance…and inviting people to join the meeting.…We're going to talk about that workflow in another movie,…but in this movie I'd like to start by introducing…the basics of meetings in Skype for Business…using the Meet Now feature,…which lets you start a meeting immediately…without scheduling it in advance.…We'll start by going to the Meetings section…in the Skype for Business application.…And we're going to start on the Windows version,…but we will take a quick look at the differences…on the Mac version in just a moment.…
But to get to that screen, we're going to find this button…in the row near the top.…Just click on that, and that takes me to the Meetings page.…If you have any meetings currently scheduled,…then they will be listed here on this screen.…But in this movie I want to start with…the Meet Now button.…Before I click on that,…let's jump over to the Macintosh version for a moment.…So here on the Macintosh version…
- Installing the Skype for Business application
- Touring the interface
- Managing contacts
- Sending instant messages
- Switching between call types
- Starting a call from Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Starting a conversation from Outlook on the web
- Scheduling meetings with the Office 365 calendar
- Joining a scheduled meeting
- Sharing extra content during a call
- Recording a call or meeting
- Using Skype for Business via an iOS or Android mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/28/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: coauthoring Office documents.