Before starting a call or meeting in Skype for Business, it helps to get contacts organized. Learn how to search for teammates and save them in groups in the contacts list.
- [Nick] Before you can start contacting people…on Skype for Business,…you need to know how to search for people…and add them to your contacts list.…In care you are wondering, the contacts you have stored…in your Office 365 address book in Outlook…do not immediately transfer to Skype for Business.…You must build a separate contacts list…here in Skype for Business.…Now I want to start on the Contacts section.…That's this button right here.…It looks like a silhouette.…Click on that, and you'll be on the Contacts page.…In the Mac version you'll click on…the Contacts button on the sidebar on the left.…
Now the first thing I'd like to do is make a new group.…That's not required, but it helps us stay organized.…We see four tabs here on the Contacts page:…Groups, Status, Relationships and New.…You do not see those tabs on the Macintosh version.…Basically, the Contacts screen on the Mac version…is the same as being in the Groups tab…on the Conversations page here on Windows,…and that's really what we want anyway,…so we're going to stay here.…
- Installing the Skype for Business application
- Touring the interface
- Managing contacts
- Sending instant messages
- Switching between call types
- Starting a call from Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Starting a conversation from Outlook on the web
- Scheduling meetings with the Office 365 calendar
- Joining a scheduled meeting
- Sharing extra content during a call
- Recording a call or meeting
- Using Skype for Business via an iOS or Android mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/28/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: coauthoring Office documents.