If you do not have a Skype for Business account and you are invited to join a meeting as a guest, this video shows you what you need to know.
- [Instructor] If you have been invited to join…a Skype for Business meeting and you do not have…a Skype for Business account yourself,…you can still join that meeting as a guest.…Since guests will not have the Skype for Business…application, you will need to install…a plugin for your web browser, just a small piece…of software that you'll need to install one time.…Earlier in this chapter when we created an appointment,…I intentionally invited somebody with a regular…email address outside of the Office 365 system.…This is the computer that belongs to that person.…
I've already signed into his email,…I've got it open in the web browser here,…you can see that he received an email message…with an invitation for that meeting…and, of course, that email has a big link…to join the Skype meeting.…So let's see what happens when you click on that link…and you do not have Skype for Business…set up on your computer.…Since I do not have Skype for Business installed…on this computer, it's not going to jump me over…to that application.…
- Installing the Skype for Business application
- Touring the interface
- Managing contacts
- Sending instant messages
- Switching between call types
- Starting a call from Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Starting a conversation from Outlook on the web
- Scheduling meetings with the Office 365 calendar
- Joining a scheduled meeting
- Sharing extra content during a call
- Recording a call or meeting
- Using Skype for Business via an iOS or Android mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/28/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: coauthoring Office documents.