Broadcast meetings allow a presenter to communicate with an audience of up to 10,000 viewers. Learn how to join a broadcast meeting if you've been invited and explore the tools for setting up a broadcast meeting. Although, this video does not go through t
- [Instructor] I'd like to talk briefly…about broadcast meetings,…which are a bit beyond the scope of this course,…but I wanted to offer some information.…A broadcast meeting is where one person or a small group…of presenters can initiate a one-way meeting…that can be viewed by up to 10,000 viewers.…The viewers in this case are passive.…It's not like the other meetings we've seen…which allow all participants to talk back and forth.…Broadcast meetings are great…for large company staff meetings.…The reason this is beyond the scope of this course is…because it generally requires specialized setup…that is managed by your company's technology…or IT department.…
But I do want to show where those tools can be found,…and I also want to look at what you see…when you are invited to a broadcast meeting.…First, I want to take a look at this webpage,…broadcast.skype.com.…This is where you would go to set up a broadcast meeting.…You can sign in with your Skype for Business account…and you can go about the process…of creating a new broadcast.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing the Skype for Business application
- Touring the interface
- Managing contacts
- Sending instant messages
- Switching between call types
- Starting a call from Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Starting a conversation from Outlook on the web
- Scheduling meetings with the Office 365 calendar
- Joining a scheduled meeting
- Sharing extra content during a call
- Recording a call or meeting
- Using Skype for Business via an iOS or Android mobile app
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/28/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: coauthoring Office documents.