This video explores the most common procedures for downloading and installing the Skype for Business application both for computers and mobile devices.
- [Instructor] In this movie,…I want to take a look at how to get the Skype for Business…application installed on your computer or mobile device.…As I mentioned previously in this chapter,…you should be ready to sign in…with the Microsoft account assigned to you…by your organization.…If you have been issued a computer by your employer,…then you may already have Skype for Business…installed and configured.…But if you need to install it yourself,…I'll show you the most likely procedure.…As always, your company's implementation could be different…so you may need to contact…your company's Microsoft administrator…if you have trouble with this process.…
Since most Skype for Business deployments…are tied to the Office 365 service,…most users will start by going to this webpage…and then we can sign in by clicking the Sign In button…up there in the top right…and sign in with that Microsoft account.…I'll put in the email address and hit Enter…then it will ask me for the password.…After you sign in and get to the Office 365 main homepage,…
- Installing the Skype for Business application
- Touring the interface
- Managing contacts
- Sending instant messages
- Switching between call types
- Starting a call from Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Starting a conversation from Outlook on the web
- Scheduling meetings with the Office 365 calendar
- Joining a scheduled meeting
- Sharing extra content during a call
- Recording a call or meeting
- Using Skype for Business via an iOS or Android mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/28/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: coauthoring Office documents.