Skype for Business integrates the co-authoring features available in the online versions of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Using these tools, you can share a document with participants in a Skype call. During the co-authoring session, all participants can edit the file at the same time and see the changes made by other users.
- [Instructor] In this movie we will talk about…coauthoring Office documents in Skype for Business.…That means you can open up a Word,…PowerPoint, or Excel document from…a Skype for Business call or meeting,…and everybody on that call will be able…to actually edit that file at the same time.…But this is really just an extension…of coauthoring features in the online versions…of the Office applications.…Word Online, Excel Online, and PowerPoint Online.…So you do not need to have Skype for Business…to do this, it just gives you a quick way…to access these features for people…in your Skype for Business contacts.…
Also, Mac users should be aware that…they can use the coauthoring features…in the online Office apps, but this shortcut…does not exist in Skype for Business on the Mac.…So first, I want to do a little bit of setup…to make sure we have some files to work with,…and for that, I want to start by going…to the Office 365 website, where you can see…I've already signed in.…The files that you want to share…will need to be either in your OneDrive…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing the Skype for Business application
- Touring the interface
- Managing contacts
- Sending instant messages
- Switching between call types
- Starting a call from Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Starting a conversation from Outlook on the web
- Scheduling meetings with the Office 365 calendar
- Joining a scheduled meeting
- Sharing extra content during a call
- Recording a call or meeting
- Using Skype for Business via an iOS or Android mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/28/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: coauthoring Office documents.