Skype for Business supports the ability to call traditional telephones. However, this does require certain optional features to be enabled by a company's Microsoft administrator. If these features are enabled, this video shows you how to place phone call
- [Narrator] Let's talk briefly about a feature…in Skype for Business that you can use…to call a traditional phone number.…This feature is not available…to all Skype for Business users.…If you need it and you don't have it,…I recommend you contact your company's…Microsoft administrator to see what options you have.…But to access this feature,…we're going to go to the Phone button.…So, using the row of buttons near the top of the window,…I can click on Phone.…On the Macintosh version, that button is on…the left side of the window and it's labeled Calls.…That will take you to this screen,…which you might call the phone screen…or the dial pad screen.…
And from here, you will be able to tell immediately…whether your company's deployment supports this feature.…If this dial pad is not visible,…then you don't have this feature.…And then, of course, from here you just click on the buttons…to put in a phone number,…and then hit the Call button to place the call.…Then, you can continue with the call…and it works pretty much the same as any audio call…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing the Skype for Business application
- Touring the interface
- Managing contacts
- Sending instant messages
- Switching between call types
- Starting a call from Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Starting a conversation from Outlook on the web
- Scheduling meetings with the Office 365 calendar
- Joining a scheduled meeting
- Sharing extra content during a call
- Recording a call or meeting
- Using Skype for Business via an iOS or Android mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/28/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: coauthoring Office documents.