Audio and video calls are a popular feature in Skype for Business. Learn how to place calls and enable and disable both the microphone and camera. Explore some settings that will help in case you have problems getting the camera or microphone to work.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I want to talk about audio…and video calls in Skype for Business.…Depending on your company's setup,…you might also have the option to call actual telephones…from the Skype for Business application,…but we're not going to be talking about that here.…We're going to go into that in a different movie.…This movie is all about audio and video calls…between Skype users.…First things first, you will need a microphone…and speakers, or headphones, on your computer…in order to do audio calls.…And you will need a camera in order to do video calls.…Almost every laptop computer, tablet, and hybrid…that you buy today will have a microphone,…speaker and camera built in.…
Since most people already have those devices built in,…let's just dive into those features here…in Skype for Business.…But don't worry, if you have trouble with your camera…or your audio devices, we'll talk about some settings…that you can explore in another movie.…I'm going to begin here on the contacts page.…Of course, you could go to the search field…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Installing the Skype for Business application
- Touring the interface
- Managing contacts
- Sending instant messages
- Switching between call types
- Starting a call from Outlook 2016 for Windows
- Starting a conversation from Outlook on the web
- Scheduling meetings with the Office 365 calendar
- Joining a scheduled meeting
- Sharing extra content during a call
- Recording a call or meeting
- Using Skype for Business via an iOS or Android mobile app
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/28/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: coauthoring Office documents.