Join David Lee for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Ruler tool, part of SketchBook Pro 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In this lesson I'll show you how to use SketchBook Pro Ruler tool.…The Ruler tool allows you to create highly accurate straight lines wherever…you wish in drawings.…To begin, let's go to our interface lagoon, here on the lower-left, and select…tools and go to our Move and Zoom.…What we want to do is we want to zoom out of our canvas so we can see as much of it as possible.…Then what we are going to do is deselect, go to our main menu to hit Image, this…time go down to Symmetry Y and click on Symmetry Y or lift up, and this…creates a center axis in the middle for our canvas.…
What I would like to also is to go back to interface lagoon and open Layers and…what we are going to do is we are going to have our Layer Editor here because we…are going to working on a couple of layers to create a line drawing.…To begin our sketch, let's draw a small communications handset.…Let's open our Drawing tools, select the Pencil, just double-click on that to…make sure that's the pencil we like. Let's go to something a little harder.…
- Exploring the user interface lagoon
- Customizing brush settings
- Creating a texture brush
- Refining a sketch with blur, smear and sharpen tools
- Creating illustrations with layers
- Using the Symmetry tool to mirror drawings across the X or Y axis
- Using the ruler tool to draw and position precise straight lines
- Using the Ellipse tool to draw and position precise circles, ellipses, and curves.
- Saving projects