Join David Lee for an in-depth discussion in this video Using sketching grids, part of SketchBook Pro 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In this lesson, I'll show you how to use SketchBook Pro's drawing tools to…create drawing grids.…Grids will help to create visual harmony in your compositions.…To begin, let's open the UsefulGrids.tif file.…Let's move our cursor to the top of the main menu, click File > Open, and…click on UsefulGrids.…Now, if your Layers are not in front of you, go ahead and go to the interface…lagoon, select tools to the layer icon and lift up. There we go.…There are four layers locked.…And as I unlock each layer, they will demonstrate in support how you can use…elements of a drawing to create visual harmony.…
As I open the first layer, you see a grid.…Let me just move my Layer Editor aside, and what you see is I've gone ahead and…created the absolute center of my composition and from that I subdivided the…page into quarters, into eighths, and even more.…And even within some of the grids, I've gone ahead and grid that out to…create smaller divisions.…And wherever these intersections appear such as here in this corner, maybe in…
- Exploring the user interface lagoon
- Customizing brush settings
- Creating a texture brush
- Refining a sketch with blur, smear and sharpen tools
- Creating illustrations with layers
- Using the Symmetry tool to mirror drawings across the X or Y axis
- Using the ruler tool to draw and position precise straight lines
- Using the Ellipse tool to draw and position precise circles, ellipses, and curves.
- Saving projects