Join David Lee for an in-depth discussion in this video Using image and canvas controls, part of SketchBook Pro 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In this lesson I'll show you how to select and adjust your image and canvas…controls in SketchBook Pro.…Let's begin by going to the main menu bar and clicking on the Image tab and…select Image Size.…A window will appear allowing you to adjust image size by pixel percentage and document size.…The reasons for these adjustments are sometimes driven by resolution demands for…both print and electronic media.…For our purposes, we'll direct our image by document size and resolution.…One small detail I'd like to mention. In this lower left-hand corner, there's an…open box named Keep proportions.…
Unchecking this box allows you to openly resize your document.…In this particular demonstration, I'd like to go ahead and keep my proportions.…And this particular drawing is 12 inches wide by 9 inches high at 100 dpi resolution.…I'm going to go ahead and click the OK button.…And this is what we're going to be working with.…Next, are the Canvas Controls.…A good way to think of this function is that it allows for your drawing…
- Exploring the user interface lagoon
- Customizing brush settings
- Creating a texture brush
- Refining a sketch with blur, smear and sharpen tools
- Creating illustrations with layers
- Using the Symmetry tool to mirror drawings across the X or Y axis
- Using the ruler tool to draw and position precise straight lines
- Using the Ellipse tool to draw and position precise circles, ellipses, and curves.
- Saving projects