Join David Lee for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Symmetry Y tool, part of SketchBook Pro 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In this lesson I'll show you how to use SketchBook Pro's Symmetry-Y tool.…Drawing in symmetry allows you to draw mirrored images by drawing only one…side along an axis.…To begin, we're going to create a pot of flowers.…What I'd like you to do is to press down on your Shift key on your keyboard.…Position your cursor to the middle of your axis line.…And drag it out to the left.…And you see the Symmetry tool at work.…We'll go ahead and create another one just below it.…Let's go down the ways and create another one.…Maybe a little bit longer.…And create another one down below it, just a little bit shorter.…
Okay, now while your Shift key is still held down, let's go ahead and create one…vertical line and another one, just about right there midpoint, okay.…Let's go ahead and lift up our Shift key while the pencil is still…selected. We're going to go ahead and create a diagonal line to meet up with…those two marks that we made.…And we create another diagonal line right here.…Take our Eraser tool.…Can you see how the Eraser tool works in symmetry?…
- Exploring the user interface lagoon
- Customizing brush settings
- Creating a texture brush
- Refining a sketch with blur, smear and sharpen tools
- Creating illustrations with layers
- Using the Symmetry tool to mirror drawings across the X or Y axis
- Using the ruler tool to draw and position precise straight lines
- Using the Ellipse tool to draw and position precise circles, ellipses, and curves.
- Saving projects