Join David Lee for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Symmetry X tool, part of SketchBook Pro 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In this lesson, I will show you how to use SketchBook Pro's Symmetry X tool.…Drawing in symmetry allows you to create mirror images by only drawing one side…along an embedded axis.…First let's use our Move and Zoom tool…sd zoom out so we can see most of canvas.…So I am going to go ahead and take my cursor and go to the interface lagoon,…toolbox, Move and Zoom, and by zooming out on our canvas, it'll allow us to see…the centerline of the axis as we draw.…Let's go ahead and move our cursor up to Image on the main menu bar. Press down.…
Let's go ahead and drag all the way down to the bottom where you see both the…Symmetry X and Y tools.…Let's go ahead and select our Symmetry X tool.…Go ahead and lift up and you'll see the centerline going through the middle of your canvas.…What we're going to do is we're going to draw a fish and what we'd like to do…is to only draw above a symmetry line.…So what we're first going to do is select the Drawing tool.…Let's go ahead and click on our toolbox. Select the Pencil.…
- Exploring the user interface lagoon
- Customizing brush settings
- Creating a texture brush
- Refining a sketch with blur, smear and sharpen tools
- Creating illustrations with layers
- Using the Symmetry tool to mirror drawings across the X or Y axis
- Using the ruler tool to draw and position precise straight lines
- Using the Ellipse tool to draw and position precise circles, ellipses, and curves.
- Saving projects