Join David Lee for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Layer editor, part of SketchBook Pro 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
In this lesson, I'll show you how to use Sketchbook Pro's useful Layer Editor.…Layer Editor will help us build drawings, separate and organize the elements of…the drawings so they can be isolated for control changes.…Let's begin by opening our layerbunny.tif file.…So let's go to the main menu bar under File > Open and select layerbunny.…Before we start, let's open our Layer Editor.…The background layer is your starting point.…So, let's go ahead and move our cursor over to the toolbar and here on user…interface, and you see this layer icon here where it says Layers?…Go ahead and drag down to it and lift up on your cursor and here's your Layer Editor.…
What I'd like you do is bring your cursor to the middle of that previewed image, press down.…As you drag and go around, you can see all the different tools here.…Now obviously, some of them are deactivated because we haven't made…any selections yet.…So let's go ahead and do the first one, which is directly to our right.…It's called Rename Layer.…
- Exploring the user interface lagoon
- Customizing brush settings
- Creating a texture brush
- Refining a sketch with blur, smear and sharpen tools
- Creating illustrations with layers
- Using the Symmetry tool to mirror drawings across the X or Y axis
- Using the ruler tool to draw and position precise straight lines
- Using the Ellipse tool to draw and position precise circles, ellipses, and curves.
- Saving projects